27-year-old young mother, Sharon Inone from Temotu says it’s a privilege to be a mother – motherhood is the greatest blessing in any woman’s life. It is a symbol of love, kindness and forgiveness.
She believed that a mother’s touch is the first human touch in a child’s life. A mother’s heart is filled with a never-exhausting love for her children.
Sharon currently works Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer for the Pacific Community (SPC) funded Youth@Work program in Honiara. Here is what she has to say.
- What did you love about pregnancy?
My pregnancy was not an easy one. My Doctor recommended that I should do abortion as I was very sick but what keeps me going was my baby giving me kicks. I know that I was not alone. I love speaking positive words to my unborn baby.
- What has given you the joy as a mother? Describe it.
Seeing my Baby growing up as my best friend and she reminds me every day that you can achieve anything you want in life.
- What’s the hardest thing about being a mom?
Having to go on travelling trips that are work or career related and having to leave my baby with other people. The Values and attitudes she is developing are an impact of the environment she is being brought up in. This worries me and it’s difficult trying to be at the top of your game career wise while being the best mother as well.
- What’s the best thing about being a mom?
Coming home exhausted from work and you have an angel waiting to hug you.
- While you were raising you family, did you rely on the advice of experts?
No professional experts. I learn a lot from my Mother in-law and women around me.
- What were the happiest moments, saddest, scariest moments of your life?
Saddest Moment – A lot of sad moments.
Scariest-Going into child labor.
Happiest moment-When I gave birth to my baby.
- Do you think it’s easier or harder now that you’re raising your own family?
It’s easier, I couldn’t imagine what I would do if I am Single. Having a family motivates me to push beyond my comfort zones.
- If you would recall to when you were still single, what is one thing you did not know about marriage life?
That Marriage life is not a Lovey dovey process and forgiveness is the vital character.
- As a mother, what is a goal you want to achieve for your family in the next 5-10 years?
To be living under the same roof. Where my Partner’s goals and my goals can find their place in one country so we can live together as a family.
- What advice do you have for the next generations as they begin their own families?
Follow your heart. Don’t run after money or appearance. Love is the only key that will unlock doors, blessings, break barriers, and help you survive in marriage life.
- What would you wish for them?
I would wish that whatever difficult situations they encounter in life in every aspects, could be seen as stepping-stones for a better future and not obstacles to progress.
- What’s the best thing you can say about your husband being your partner in raising your family?
He is one in a million and very supportive. I am lucky to have him.